Have an account?

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Otis Redding - Amen (1968)

Source: www.youtube.com
Atco. Posthumous release
OTIS REDDING - Amen/“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”
Buddha quotes
Amun, reconstructed Egyptian Yamānu (also spelled Amon, Amoun, Amen, and rarely Imen, Greek Ἄμμων Ammon, and Ἅμμων Hammon), was a God in Egyptian mythology and Berber Mythology who in the form of Amun-Ra became the focus of the most complex system of theology in Ancient Egypt. Whilst remaining hypostatic deities, Amun represented the essential and hidden, whilst in Ra he represented revealed divinity. As the creator deity 'par excellence', he was the champion of the poor and central to personal piety. Amun was self created, without mother and father, and during the New Kingdom he became the greatest expression of transcendental deity in Egyptian theology. He was not considered to be immanent within creation nor was creation seen as an extension of himself. Amun-Ra, likewise with the Hebrew creator deity, did not physically engender the universe. His position as King of Gods developed to the point of virtual monotheism where other Gods became manifestations of him. With Osiris, Amun-Ra is the most widely recorded of the Egyptian Gods.[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amun
Amen, uh, A-Amen, uhA-Amen, Amen, Amen, with the horns, now Amen, with the rhytm, now A-Amen, A-Amen A-Amen, Amen, Amen, everybody, now A-Amen, A-Amen A-Amen, Amen, Amen, he let me tell you
This little life of mine I'm gonna let it shine This little life of mine I'm gonna let it shine, yeah, yeah This little life of mine I'm gonna let it shine Let it shine, let it shineTo show my love
One thing my papa used to say he said that Even in my home son, I said what dad I'm gonna let it shine, let me tell you Said even in your home son You got to let your little light shine, yeah huh Even in your home son, ha You got to let it shine Just let it shine, just let it shineTo show your love And then I said daddy help me sing this line one time
A-Amen, will you help me A-Amen, huh, with a feeling A-Amen, Amen, Amen, everybody together now A-Amen, little louder now A-Amen, everybody say A-Amen, Amen, Amen Amen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-d7yjYOPEQ
"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Black and Missing but Not Forgotten