Have an account?

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Abbey Lincoln - Long As You're Living

Source: www.youtube.com
One of my favorite songs ever. Very inspirational. Rest in peace Abbey!!
Abbey Lincoln - Long As You're Living
Forgive me if I seem to preach / but there was something that I had to say / a message that I hope will reach / people who are throwing life away /I call it my philosophy / and that is why I pass it on to you / because it works so well for me /and helps me get away from strife / I hope you listen carefully / they say the truth will make you free /And that's the way you ought to be /Cause, brother, this is your life.

Long as you're living / Always remember / Time is for spending / But there's an ending / While you are sleeping /lifetime is creeping / wake up and taste it / foolish to waste it / Sample and savor / all of its flavor / Long as you're living / Long as you're living / always remember / folks who are lazy / are playing crazy / better keep moving / keep on improving / you won't be hurried / after you're buried Live every minute / put yourself in it / long as you're living /Long as you're living / always remember / you'll never beat life / don't try to cheat life /All men are brothers / do unto others / love's for enjoying / hate's for destroying / Never forget it /or you'll regret it / Long as you're living / Forgive me if I seem to preach / but there was something that I had to say / a message that I hope will reach / people who are throwing life away /I call it my philosophy / and that is why I pass it on to you / because it works so well for me /and helps me get away from strife / I hope you listen carefully / they say the truth will make you free /And that's the way you ought to be /Cause, brother, this is your life.
From Abbey Is Blue. 1959 her 'breakout' album
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k530xkkHsI8
"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Black and Missing but Not Forgotten