Have an account?

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ramsey Lewis " Sun Goddess " 1974

Ramsey Lewis " Sun Goddess " 1974: "

Featuring Earth Wind & Fire
I've begun worshipping the sun for a number of reasons. First of all, unlike some other gods I could mention, I can see the sun. It's there for me every day. And the things it brings me are quite apparent all the time: heat, light, food, a lovely day. There's no mystery, no one asks for money, I don't have to dress up, and there's no boring pageantry. And interestingly enough, I have found that the prayers I offer to the sun and the prayers I formerly offered to God are all answered at about the same 50-percent rate. [George Carlin, from 'You Are All Diseased'.]

“Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away.”
Elvis Presley quotes

“People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.” Elisabeth Kubler-Ross quotes (
"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Black and Missing but Not Forgotten