Have an account?

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Patches Music Video with WoW

Source: www.youtube.com
got bored so i made a music video to Patches by Clarence Carter... enjoy lol
Patches - Clarence Carter
I was born and raised down in Alabama,On a farm way back up in the woodsI was so ragged that folks used to call me Patches,Papa used to tease me about it,Cause deep down inside he was hurt,Cause he'd done all he could
My papa was a great old manI can see him with a shovel in his hands, see Education he never had ,He did wonders when the times got bad,The little money from the crops he raised Barely paid the bills we made
For, life had kick him down to the ground,When he tried to get up Life would kick him back down,One day Papa called me to his dyin' bed,Put his hands on my shoulders And in his tears he said
He said, Patches I'm dependin' on you, sonTo pull the family through My son, it's all left up to you
Two days later Papa passed away, andI became a man that day So I told Mama I was gonna quit school, but She said that was Daddy's strictest rule
So every mornin' 'fore I went to schoolI fed the chickens and I chopped wood too Sometimes I felt that I couldn't go onI wanted to leave, just run away from home But I would remember what my daddy said With tears in his eyes on his dyin' bed
He said, Patches I'm dependin' on you, sonI tried to do my best It's up to you to do the rest
Then one day a strong rain came And washed all the crops away And at the age of 13 I thought I was carryin' the weight of the Whole world on my shoulders And you know, Mama knew What I was goin' through, 'cause
Every day I had to work the fields Cause that's the only way we got our meals You see, I was the oldest of the family And everybody else depended on me Every night I heard my Mama pray Lord, give him the strength to face another day
So years have passed and all the kids are grownThe angels took Mama to a brand new homeLord knows, people, I shedded tears But my daddy's voice kept me through the years
Sing,Patches, I'm dependin' on you, son To pull the family through My son, it's all left up to you
Oh, I can still hear Papa's voice sayin' Patches, I'm dependin' on you, son I've tried to do my best It's up to you to do the rest
I can still hear Papa, what he said Patches
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1swk0fcIIsk&feature=relatedWriter : DUNBAR, RONALD/JOHNSON, NORMANCopyright : Lyrics © EMI Music Publishing, Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Universal Music Publishing Group
"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Black and Missing but Not Forgotten